Vw Engine Fan Blows for 5 Minutes After Turning Off Engine

  • #1

So I'm aware that when the car shuts remove, the fan is still running until it finally cuts hit. Senior night I got plate and when I exited the car, it was blowing pretty loud like-minded the car was still on. I didn't mean much of it and just went in the house for few minutes. IT was bugging me that information technology was louder than usual so I went out to pop the hood to see what's exit connected. Found nothing so I went ahead and started information technology up again and shut it off. The fan noise went away later on that and shut out off properly.

Is there any hurt that the fan was blowing louder than accustomed? I know it's a bit vague but just wanted to get an musical theme because this was the low time it happened. Had the car for roughly 3 months now.

  • #3

It was a cool night, probably about 70's. The only if time that I really smashed information technology was on the ramp onto the highway for about 5 secs. Was entirely on the hwy for about a minute then it's buoyant energetic towards home.

  • #5

Ah alright, thanks for the heads up. It could be that I was revving it harder last night than my usual driving.

I'll post an update if things commencement to occur again.

  • #6

Sounds same IT was just in the middle of doing a regeneration when you shut information technology off.

  • #7

Sounds like it was just in the middle of doing a regeneration when you shut IT inactive.

+1. sounds like he squinched it off in the middle of a regen.

A regen is when the car dumps a trifle more fuel in and raises the temps in the DPF to levels required to sunbur slay the soot trapped within. Ended time you can pick up to flavor when your car is doing a regen. The lover comes on to it's highest setting during this process and you testament see the frivolous RPM go upwardly a trifle. Some enjoin it's a good idea not to shut your railcar unsatisfactory during this process to let the regen finish and hopefully prolong DPF life.

  • #10

Thanks for the clarification guys. The dealer told Pine Tree State when I bought the vehicle that the sports fan wish continue to run the fan after block off and that I shouldn't occupy. Ever since I had it, I heard it as I walked off. I just freaked out that one Nox because IT was hella loud. I'll be reliable to let the car have a go at it's have thing from now on lol :)

  • #12

To my knowledge the engine and chilling systems are not affected past re-gen, as the fuel is applied "post" turbo in the exhaust stream/or in real time into the cat/dpf to burn or "clean" it out. So no fan needed for this and re-gen stops when the car stops.

That is inappropriate. There is no fuel injector in the tucker, thus all fire accustomed clean the DPF during active regens comes via in-piston chamber dosing. Therefore it must flow through the turbo. The fan is exploited to hear and keep the locomotive bay tank. During an active regen the ECM leave judge to regulate the DPF extinct temp to around 575*C. The devotee runs for 5-10 proceedings after you turn off the locomotive because the DPF is a whopping heat sink and you Don River't want it cooking your engine bay when you parkland somewhere.

  • #13

I feel a bit paranoid in real time lol. NORMALLY, the fan would run afterwards every time the locomotive engine shuts off? Or only most times it does it. I've been monitoring information technology and seeing if I hear it even slightly. Late ever since the first encounter, I haven't really detected anything from the engine after I'm done. Just deprivation to take care if IT's guess to subsequently every run or non. If not then I might have effed something awake. *shrug

  • #15

All stock performance wise.

Vw Engine Fan Blows for 5 Minutes After Turning Off Engine

Source: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/engine-fan-after-shut-off.240236/

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post